This will be a 4 hour class held outside our facility. Students bring their own car or can use our car. We will teach one-on-one how to maintain and service your car.
Learning to maintain your car and stay safe while driving on the road is what this fun four-hour course is all about. As a newly licensed driver, there are certain things you should know about your car inside, outside and under the hood and how to take care of these. Proper vehicle maintenance improves safety, enhances reliability and performance of the car, minimizes roadside emergencies and contributes to a cleaner environment.
Certain components of our cars are naturally more vulnerable to wear. By performing regular routine maintenance checks, we can help ensure optimum functioning of these parts so that when we need them, we can be confident that they will perform up to our expectations.
- Checking and changing fluids (oil, washer fluid, coolant, etc.)
- Checking and changing windshield wipers, and how often
- Checking and changing tires
- Jump-starting a dead battery
We also give you valuable information on crash avoidance maneuvers through awareness:
- Missing road hazards or detecting them too slowly
- Choosing incorrect defensive driving actions
- Driving in a distracted or altered state, such as having inadequate sleep, being distracted by a phone or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Addressing what causes crashes, as well as the role vehicles, drivers, and road systems and technology play in creating safer roads is how drive home SAFETY.